What's new

How do I get this effect?

OGonzo

Hello All,

I'm trying to figure out how to replicate the effect used in this pattern (attached). I want to create this similar look but don't know how to achieve it or where to start. A tutorial if one exists would also be helpful.

Thanks!

Attachments

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Where did this come from? Do you have the original image?

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
OK, thanks. I'm working on this...........but I can't guarantee I will be able to match the effect. I see now it's a Tie Dye.

Paul

Former Member
Three or four layers maybe each layer with brush lines across with varying tones of grey on each layer apply a motion blur with the movement marker set at just off vertical maybe.

OGonzo

I was playing with a torn paper idea, then use one of the filters.

View attachment 63328

This seems like a good approach to start with, the torn paper idea. And yeah the idea of it being kind of tie dye will be helpful to play around with. Thanks!
I'll keep playing around with it and see how it goes.

Last edited:

MrToM

Guru
You may be able to use the 'Clouds' filter too, as a mask....just to add a little 'randomness'.

Regards.
MrToM.

OGonzo

Three or four layers maybe each layer with brush lines across with varying tones of grey on each layer apply a motion blur with the movement marker set at just off vertical maybe.
I agree, this will probably need a few layers. Those are some good ideas, I will try to motion blur and see what other variations i can play around with. Thanks for the suggestion!

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I have it this far. Time for some filter experiments, blurs, shading, etc,.
Screen Shot 2016-04-01 at 11.37.23 PM.png