What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How is this done? Not able to figure out.

There's another alternative. After looking at the models, they look like 3d models loaded posed and applied proper lighting.

If you have the patience to learn new tricks, try this.... http://www.daz3d.com/ ... download their free program (DAZ STUDIO) and free stuff to use with it.

I use a different apps but with same result. I don't have it properly loaded with all its 3d models and stuff but here's a sample of what it can do.......

Jessi.jpg

With an appropriate human 3d model (there's a lot used for the apps), tweaking on model's pose, textures and lighting, you can match the look of the virtual models in those sites.

Last edited:
I am working on a school project and the project is to build something similar to the websites mentioned (Looklet and H&M Virtual dressing room). The reason for taking up this as my school project is because of i am interested in the process and would like to know how this is done. From whatever information i gathered, these images are mannequins that are altered to look like real humans. This is the reason why i think these are mannequins

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/entertainment/2011/12/clothing-giant-hm-defends-use-of-virtual-models/

These are not mannequins. They are flesh and blood models.

You need to subscribe in order to read that article I'll pass

Last edited:
OK sabs. I'll take your word for it. You've posted a lot of links that you have to subscribe to see, or install programs. Not into that at the moment, so I believe you, lol. Just can't offer any advice. The models I have seen look so much like human models that I don't see the issue of just using models. If you would post more jpegs of your examples instead of links, I and others would be able to see better what it is you're trying to do. 'Cause I sure don't understand.

Hi ibclare and iDad,

You don't need to subscribe to WSJ to view the article. Just copy the link and paste in google. You will be ale to see the article. If you can't, attached is the PDF of the article.View attachment Looklet_WSJ.pdf

Thanks,
Sabs

Last edited:
They get smarter and smarter every day, if at first you don't succeed, follow the dummies....... I mean mannequins

You've read the article..... they did away with humans and used 3d models which I suggested in an earlier post.

They didnt mention what application they used. There are a lot that can do that. Based on the mannequin model they use, I suspect they could have used c4d or 3dmax (very expensive and takes time to learn).

You're best bet is to use a cheaper or free 3dmodel program

or if you decide to use human models, plan out the shoot so the posing of human model and clothing will match.

Back