What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How is this done? Not able to figure out.

Sabs

Hello All,

I have a picture of a white female mannequin. I want to know if it is possible to superimpose the picture of a female model on the mannequin and make the mannequin realistic human looking? Following are the requirements.

1. Attach head of the female model to the mannequin body.
2. Change skintone of the mannequin so it matches the skintone of the model
3. The hands, legs, torso of the mannequin should look realistic. How can this be done? It's easy to just change the skintone of the mannequin but making the mannequin look realistic is becoming a challenge.
4. Please check the attached document. The first image is the finished product where female model image is superimposed on a mannequin. Second image is a white mannequin that needs to look similar to the first image.I am not adding the female model image now. I will do that once i know if this is even possible.
5. Please let me know how can this be done? If possible, what tools should be used and what would be the cost.

Thanks and appreciate your help.
-Sabs

Attachments

• Realistic Mannequin.zip
    634 KB · Views: 4
I think it might be easier to actually make the model into a mannequin by changing the colour and textures.

The image of the model is of very low quality, so just be aware of that.

I will have a go at this for you.

Hello Inkz,

Apologize for the confusion. I have not added the image of the actual female model yet. The first image is just an example of what i am trying to achieve. Unfortunately, our requirement is to change the white mannequin to look like a real model :). I will update the image of a female model once i know this task can be accomplished.

Thanks,
Sabs

You should really upload the actual model that you want work on. This can be achieved but to get the maximum amount of responses I would suggest you upload it immediately.

View attachment 28756the angle of the face is wrong, that will need serious changing, skin tone can be done but the angle of arms and legs need tweaking it could be some serious time involved, especially if this is going to print

Hello iDad,

Thanks for the reply. As i mentioned earlier, i have not yet uploaded the female model image. I will do that soon.

-Sabs

I just don't get it...

You want the model but with different pose? Then just use puppet warp, transform, Liquify, etc... Use mannequin image as a reference.

In any other case it's quite a job to use allready mapped texture with it's own distortions, lights and shadows on another model:cheesygrin: I'd say it's impossible other than just redraw the whole image manually from scratch. And it's gonna take a professional artist and cost you a little fortune!:cheesygrin:

But hang in there, there are lots of selfesteeming guys around here, who might do it for free:cheesygrin:

I agree with inkz, it would be far easier to take the model, and give it manequin features,
instead of taking a manequin and giving it model features

the look you're trying to achieve is a model in the pose of a specific manequin?
or just a normal model with the joint gaps of a manequin?

Thanks everyone for the responses so far. Couple of days back while browsing the web, I came across two websites H&M Virtual dressing room and Looklet.

http://www.hm.com/us/dressingroom/LADIES
http://looklet.biz/demo/

On both of these websites, picture of a mannequin is taken and later the mannequin is humanized via photo-editing software( not sure what this photo-editing software is) This technology has really fascinated me. I did some research online and also asked few people around and no one could figure out how this is done. That’s the reason I had to post the job here on this forum. My best guess of how they did this is

1. Take a picture of a mannequin.
  2. Take a picture of a model with same physical dimensions and pose as the mannequin.
  3. Now superimpose the picture of the model on mannequin (Not sure what tools can be used for this)
Can you take a look at the above mentioned sites and let me know how this is done? I would like to know the tools used and how this is possible.If possible, what would be the cost?
Thanks,
Sabs

why do you keep clinging to the mannequin?

In the photoshot, get the models to line up perfectly in the same pose

then put them all on top of eachother, no need to put them on a mannequin first

the dificulty and time consumingness of the project all depends on the quality of the photoshoot.

if you don't line up the models perfectly, you'll get a less looking result and a more time consuming photoshop work.

Hi Chrisix,

If you look at H&M and Looklet website, user can drag and drop clothes on a model (which actually is a mannequin that was retouched to look like human). I am able to drag and drop clothes on a white mannequin using flash. However, the only problem i now have is how to change the white mannequin to look human :-(

I can take picture of an actual model in a pose. Now how do i use this actual flesh and blood model picture and make the while mannequin look like the model?

-Sabs

Can you please explain the context of this image. Is it for something that will function similarly to those websites or just to try and do because your interested in the process. Also how are you so sure those images were mannequins that were altered?

I am working on a school project and the project is to build something similar to the websites mentioned (Looklet and H&M Virtual dressing room). The reason for taking up this as my school project is because of i am interested in the process and would like to know how this is done. From whatever information i gathered, these images are mannequins that are altered to look like real humans. This is the reason why i think these are mannequins

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/entertainment/2011/12/clothing-giant-hm-defends-use-of-virtual-models/

Last edited:
As already mentioned by others, the integral part in creating this interactive Flash image is the product photooshoot - of clothing item and model .

Since you are intent in using the mannequin, you have to have the clothing setup on a similarly posed mannequin so you can easily edit the item unto the image.

Same goes with the face for the mannequin head. Using a single body which has been edited to blend the mannequin skin to the human model.

I am working on a school project and the project is to build something similar to the websites mentioned (Looklet and H&M Virtual dressing room). The reason for taking up this as my school project is because of i am interested in the process and would like to know how this is done. From whatever information i gathered, these images are mannequins that are altered to look like real humans. This is the reason why i think these are mannequins

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/entertainment/2011/12/clothing-giant-hm-defends-use-of-virtual-models/

OK I see where you are headed...And I agree with the other Gurus...Its a lot of work...no matter how you do it.

SO Your young...think of a new way to do this....show us old school farts how it can be done! Be the next Steve Jobs...Bill Gates....Et Al..

dv8_fx said it best....but what can you do ???

This is what I did so far.

1. I took the picture of clothes on a white mannequin
2. Cropped the clothes using photoshop
3. Built a flash component where I drag and drop the clothes on to the white mannequin
4. Still need to figure out is making this white mannequin human looking. For this, I found a classmate with almost similar physical dimensions as the mannequin. I can use her if needed.
5. I am good at programming but not good at photoshop. So if this can be done, I can hire someone on this forum to do the photoshop work :) If Looklet and H&M can do this, then it is possible but just not sure how!

Last edited:
Contact me we'll see what we can work out

Back