What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to create a Graffiti Wallpaper

Novelo

In this video I show you how to make a Graffiti like Wallpaper.

Excuse the music in the background and the long music end, somehow I have forgotten to cut the music at the end.
I promise my other videos are better. ;)

Watch and Enjoy

[video=youtube_share;4BIXQGQHmYA]http://youtu.be/4BIXQGQHmYA[/video]

Hoogle

Guru
I think you need to work on you video edits I looked at the thumbnail and thought how is this possibly a 30 min tutorial. I noticed it takes you a 1 minute before we even get to see photoshop with past experience if you have not started what people want to see in the 1st 20 seconds of a video they click away. Yes brand yourself with an intro but make it short and snappy 5 - 15 seconds is the recommended for Youtube.

Then we get over 15 mins of black screen with elevator music playing at the end of the tutorial. this will damage your youtube views because the more people that click away from your video whilst it is still playing will lower your ranking score and credibility.

Novelo

Like I said in my original post: "Excuse the music in the background and the long music end, somehow I have forgotten to cut the music at the end."
And it gets better I promise.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello Novelo,

Why didn't you use the layer styles to create your text? It would have been much easier and faster. You could have used stroke and Gradient overlay?

Screen Shot 2014-11-11 at 9.48.21 PM.png

Screen Shot 2014-11-11 at 9.49.39 PM.png

I may have some more questions as I follow along.............it is a very long tutorial.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
You might try placing all the splashes on their own separate layers. This makes them all editable. You can move them with the move tool, place them in a different layer order and so on.

Any Layer Style you create for one can easily be transferred or copied to the next layer by Opt/Alt + click and drag the FX icon in the layers panel.

When your done, place them in a group.

Screen Shot 2014-11-11 at 10.02.09 PM.png

Screen Shot 2014-11-11 at 10.02.39 PM.png

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
You also might try using a slight drop shadow on your splatters.

Screen Shot 2014-11-11 at 10.17.39 PM.png

For the last step, you could use a 50% grey Color fill layer with it's layer mask inverted (hide all/black). Then select your text and use a white brush to make the grungy effect. This way allows you to make changes if needed.

Screen Shot 2014-11-11 at 10.17.54 PM.png

Last edited:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Your tutorial part is not bad. The subject is very dated and old.

You need to brush up on your techniques a little.

Plan your tutorial. This appears unplanned.

What you need to change is the parts in the beginning and the end where you try to talk to the camera..........these can be removed. Not anything against looking at you, it's just unnecessary babbling. Get to your tutorial. Speaking as someone who watches tutorials every single day..............I would do just as Hoogle predicts, I would almost instantly hit backspace and move on to another tutorial.

There is no excuse for the poor editing..............learn how to edit your videos.

As I said, not a bad job. Needs some minor improvements. Keep on practicing!

Novelo

Thanks for the good and constructive critique. I like that. It helps me allot to get improve myself.
I created more Tutorials. I'll post them from time to time. And if the critique stays at the same quality that would make me happy. I am currently in a learning stage to find out what is important for a Tutorial and what is not. And without comments and critiques it is impossible to find that out.

Last edited:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Novelo, as a result of my own multitasking, I feel as though I have been short with my explanations to you and I would like to take this opportunity to explain to you why I have posted the additions and critiques that I did.

I realize that there are many ways of accomplishing the same effects and I normally refrain from making posts suggesting improvements to techniques presented in video tutorials submitted here at PSG. I also realize that it appears that Novelo did not ask for advice or critique in his written post, however, at 12:15 in his tutorial he asks for comments, critique, and any help to improve his tutorial be submitted. Even though this may have originally been directed to his YouTube viewers, I felt as though I was complying to his wishes. My intentions were meant to be helpful and not critical.

In my haste I have failed in explaining myself completely and for this I apologize.

I do believe that honesty in any assessment is much more effective in precipitating beneficial change.

Novelo

Novelo, as a result of my own multitasking, I feel as though I have been short with my explanations to you and I would like to take this opportunity to explain to you why I have posted the additions and critiques that I did.

I realize that there are many ways of accomplishing the same effects and I normally refrain from making posts suggesting improvements to techniques presented in video tutorials submitted here at PSG. I also realize that it appears that Novelo did not ask for advice or critique in his written post, however, at 12:15 in his tutorial he asks for comments, critique, and any help to improve his tutorial be submitted. Even though this may have originally been directed to his YouTube viewers, I felt as though I was complying to his wishes. My intentions were meant to be helpful and not critical.

In my haste I have failed in explaining myself completely and for this I apologize.

I do believe that honesty in any assessment is much more effective in precipitating beneficial change.

I like that, it helps allot. Since now I was a solo fighter and it is cool that someone gives critiques.

Thank you.

kadapps

Nice video tutorials But need some edits as the Guys say before whatever keep it Up the good work.

Last edited by a moderator: