What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to create this text effect?

How to create this text color contrast change effect as it overshadows or crosses the boundary of another object?
Let the picture do the talking.
how to 2.jpeg
Focus on the region of interest as bounded by the red rectangle. How do I achieve this without doing the toilsome and inefficient way? And for the parts of the text that fall inside the photo, those parts should be stroked as showcased.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello.

Create a BG and add a photo.
Screen Shot 2021-10-08 at 8.02.10 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-10-08 at 8.02.31 AM.png

Create a type layer and duplicate. Turn off the duplicated top layer of type.
Screen Shot 2021-10-08 at 8.04.17 AM.png

Add a layer mask to the first type layer using the the photo as a selection.
Screen Shot 2021-10-08 at 8.05.28 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-10-08 at 8.05.38 AM.png

Turn on the second (duplicated) layer of type.
Turn it's fill down to 0%
Add a stroke layer style - inside stroke.
Screen Shot 2021-10-08 at 8.01.27 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-10-08 at 8.07.35 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-10-08 at 8.07.55 AM.png

Done.

Hi, how can I - Add a layer mask to the first type layer using the photo as a selection.
Can you enumerate step by step on how to add a layer mask but by using the photo as the selection? I can't see to get that black opaque selection in the Layers panel.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hi, how can I - Add a layer mask to the first type layer using the photo as a selection.
Cmd/Cntrl + Click on the photo layers thumbnail.........this will create the selection.
Then select/highlight the first type layer.
Then click on the "add layer mask" icon located at the bottom of the layers panel. You may have to reverse the layer mask by hitting Cmd/Cntrl + I.

Cmd/Cntrl + Click on the photo layers thumbnail.........this will create the selection.
Then select/highlight the first type layer.
Then click on the "add layer mask" icon located at the bottom of the layers panel. You may have to reverse the layer mask by hitting Cmd/Cntrl + I.
And done! My academic poster is finally done! Thank you so much guru! God bless you.