What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to cut and save part of my image

skiabox

I have an image with 960x640 resolution.
I want to save as a separate image a part of it (in my case the first 960x150 part).
How do I do that?
Thank you.

PS : I am using photoshop cs5

View attachment 9858you can use the Marquee tool set to fixed size or any selection tool.......it really depends on what your trying to gram within the image itself.

Is there any way I can do that without using any manual selection tool?(that reduces accuracy)

you can take a partial screen shot

iDad has it on the dot with the marquee tool though. If you look at his image you will see he also set the specific width and height that you wanted from his marquee. 100% pinpoint accuracy.

Having a hard time with it? Zoom right in and drag around your premade selection.

If you're still having a hard time lining it up you can use guides.

To add guides you need to have rulers visible (Ctrl+R or Apple+R) and then drag out from the top and side. For the best accuracy you can zoom in to set your start point guides.

You can also specify where the ruler starts from by clicking and holding the top left corner between the rulers and moving it to the point where you want to start your selection.

Hope this helps!

Back