What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to do EXACT recoloring?

ultra-noob

Let's say I have a simple image with some text and a blue background, RGB (32, 45, 213)

I want to recolor the image such that the blue background changes to a green background.

I want the green background to be an exact colour, RGB (34, 176, 62)

How do I get about doing that? Thanks.

Stric9

Power User
3.jpg
First I used the color replacement tool with the exact color set.
That didn't get it perfect so I used the color balance tool and unchecked preserve luminosity and you can dial in the exact color.

ultra-noob

img850.imageshack.us/img850/4964/64018664.png

Sorry I can't use the IMG code yet.

I can't get a B value of 62, instead I get 94.

This is because I can't move the slider value beyond -100. :banghead:

I'm really an ultra-noob.

ultra-noob

yes. and there some parts of the image, such as the REELZ logo, that i'd like to stay dark. but as the REELZ logo is not completely black, it changes color as well. anyway to prevent this?

Stric9

Power User
Sure you can use the blend if sliders under blending options to make sure the changes only apply to the color section.

Stric9

Power User
Think I may have figured out the issue. When using the color replacement tool if you want the exact color in the foreground you must use the tool in each mode. Luminosity, Color, Saturation, and Hue. This should give you the result that you are looking for.

1.jpg
Use these settings for your Color Replacement Tool.
2.jpg
After Luminosity
3.jpg
After Color
4.jpg
After Saturation
6.jpg
After Hue
7.jpg
Exactly the color you are looking for just using the color replacement tool.

Last Changes are minor probably because the values are already similar.

Last edited: