What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to do gold effect on photography?

Tom Mann

Guru
Nice job, Radomir! One of our main goals on this forum is teaching people how to use PS. So, even if this person just wants someone to do the work for him and doesn't care how it was accomplished, others, reading the thread at a future date might very well be interested in the method you used.

You don't have to write up a full, step-by-step tutorial, but it would be nice if you could at least give a general idea of how you did it, e.g., "I used curves", "I used a gold colored layer in 'color' layer blending mode", "I used a gold colored photo filter", etc.

Thanks,

Tom M

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Radomir

Wow! This IS the exact effect I was wanting for another project of mine! Thanks!

How did you do it?

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
So you can't or won't explain how you did it?

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The help, answers, and solutions provided in any given thread not only benefit the original poster, but many visiting guests and members that may be viewing or searching for this particular issue in the future.

Simply providing the finished image without explanation is somewhat counterproductive to our forums goals. I realize that this may not be the goals for everyone.

I understood your "good" argument and I can assure you that I do not now nor did I have an "issue" with it. My post was meant in jest. I was under the impression that you understood this based on your first comment, which I found rather funny.

Then you edited your comment and showed your true colors. I now realize what I'm dealing with so carry on.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
arko I'm not sure if this is what you looking for but this is how I did it.

Lighter
Screen Shot 2015-06-12 at 12.26.53 AM.png

Darker
Screen Shot 2015-06-12 at 12.29.10 AM.png

I first sampled the color from the A image.....
Screen Shot 2015-06-12 at 12.28.10 AM.png

I then created a Solid Color Fill adjustment layer and used the sampled color as the fill.
Screen Shot 2015-06-12 at 12.33.36 AM.png

I set the layer blending mode to COLOR.
Screen Shot 2015-06-12 at 12.32.38 AM.png

I then placed a Curves adjustment layer above the color fill layer.
Screen Shot 2015-06-12 at 12.32.49 AM.png

Here are the Curve settings for the darker version.
Screen Shot 2015-06-12 at 12.32.58 AM.png

This is just one way. There are, of course, many different ways to do this and the colors can be tweaked some more for accuracy.

Good luck.