What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to expand background color for this are?

JayCarrick

can someone help me at the issue? how to I make this edge which has color like that inside? I used ctr+T

NqbYREh.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Ctrl + T puts you into 'transform' mode which acts on the selected layer.

You can do this but you can only see the layer within the boundaries of the canvas....so....

...you need to expand the canvas first...then the layer.

Use the 'Crop' tool to make the canvas bigger then adjust your layers as needs be.

Regards.
MrToM.

Moderator's note: We strongly prefer that explanations / tutorials be given in a form that can be replayed in the future by others who might be seeking similar information. This is the reason our tutorials tend to use either a video or a series of stills (eg, screen shots, some annotated) instead of video conferencing software. I'm not familiar with teamviewer, but perhaps there is a way to save the on-line meeting for future display.

Tom M

Thank you. However, I think with a software which has many functions such as Photoshop, people would like to get helps from directly coaching.

Teamviewer or Goto webinar can record to use later.

... I think with a software which has many functions such as Photoshop, people would like to get helps from directly coaching. ...
I agree, and would go so far as to say that no matter what the subject or level of the student, any one student almost always benefits more from individualized private tutoring than from written instructions, a PowerPoint presentation, or even a video.

However, we don't have a large enough staff to do offer private tutoring on demand, and, in case you hadn't realized it, we are all volunteers, in no way affiliated with Adobe, and certainly we don't get paid by them, LOL. So, we tend to go for more mass methods of deseminating training / PS help information.

That being said, if MrToM or any of our other regulars wants to do a private tutoring session for you, we certainly aren't going to prohibit it. Recording it in a generally acceptable format (eg, a standard movie format), so it can be posted and easily played back would be even better, but it still would have to meet our standards for tutorials that we host.

The best of luck,

Tom M

Last edited:

Back