What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

how to fix the overexposure on this image?

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
hello photoshop gurus!
i have an image collection from when i was really bored at my cousin's wedding, and there's one, which the concept got me really fond of it, but the silly person i am, i left the flash on when i didn't need it.

101_1810.jpg
that was the outcome, it looked okay on the camera but not when i got it off the card, how do i go about fixing the overexposure in the top left corner?

Thanks

This is along way from perfect. I can send the psd if you want to see what I have done. 101_1810 copy.jpg I would also like some tips on how to fix issues like this.

101_1810 retouch.JPG
after a quick fuck about with blending options this is what i got :/
the difference in color doesn't look right >.< aah well, thanks to you Stric9 your fix was and is amazing :)

Last edited:
The sky is blown out so it will never be perfect but...You can use a curves or an exposure adjustment layer to help correct it some. Use the layer mask so that it only effects the over exposed areas. Adding a little blue sky helps too.

Back