What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to get rid of weird color glares

margarita

Hi! I'm not an expert in photography so I can't really say what was wrong with original pictures but after editing I've very strange looking colors.
So the first image:
I need to remove blue color. As an option replace it with proper gray. Make blue areas less blurry and outstanding

Second image:
I need to remove red glare.

Please advise the best way to resolve these issues. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• cover1 copy.jpg
    cover1 copy.jpg
    6.6 MB · Views: 4
  • DSC09512_edited copy.jpg
    DSC09512_edited copy.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 6

gedstar

Guru
Hi and welcome to PSG

To remove the blue from the first image, add a H/S adjustment layer and then select blue from the drop down menu and take the saturation all way down to -100

Untitled.jpg

You can do the same with the other image only this time select Red

Untitled1.jpg

Last edited:

margarita

Thank you very much for your reply! It definitely helps with the second picture. For the first one, I also see some blurry areas after removing blue. Could you please advise how to correct them too?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-10-12 at 1.26.08 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-10-12 at 1.26.08 PM.png
    2 MB · Views: 1

JJLAPIN

Guru
Being that these are painted bricks and you want a uniform color overall the easiest way is to sample the gray color you like. Then make a New Layer and fill it with that color. Then set the layer blending mode to Color.
cover1 copy_1.jpgScreen Shot 2017-10-12 at 12.45.26 PM.png