What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to make site plan like this.

TheMotyl

Hi!
So Im in my collage for Architecture Technologist, and recently we've been given some examples, but without covering the process of how to do these drawings.
So here I attached the view that Im specifically interested in. Can someone tell how to make this grass and gravel look in photoshop? I would love to learn how to create this kind of views.
Thank you!

image_2021-02-13_150817.png

Hello and welcome.

There are multiple ways to render architectural drawings. You must first have a foundational plan, this is usually in the form of a CAD line drawing. You must then have a strong library of textures either as "pattern fills" or as png files. Pattern fills can be added to selected areas via layer styles and png's can be clipped to shapes created from selections.

Of course some selected areas can be brushed in using the Brush Tool, Gradient Tool, etc.

All of the above depends on your skill level and knowledge of Ps. Do you know how to use the selection tools including the Pen Tool?

Well I use to work a lot in photoshop back in a day, but not recently. I know how to use most of Ps tools, including the ones you mentioned.
I'm looking at the "pattern fills" and they are pretty accurate to what I am looking for but I'm not sure how to use them for a bigger scale.
And yes, I can get the line drawings, Im currently working in Autodesk Revit, so I can export the needed lines.

Here is a drawing. Filled in grass with a PNG file.

Made a selection with Pen Tool...
Screen Shot 2021-02-13 at 8.51.08 AM.png

Filled selection...
Screen Shot 2021-02-13 at 8.50.48 AM.png

Many methods...
Layer mask..
Screen Shot 2021-02-13 at 8.52.21 AM.png

Clipping mask..
Screen Shot 2021-02-13 at 8.52.01 AM.png

Color fill layer set to multiply with a layer mask, Layer Style pattern overlay set to multiply..
Screen Shot 2021-02-13 at 9.27.55 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-02-13 at 9.26.18 AM.png

You can group layers or utilize smart objects which would be the preferred method. But all are fundamentally based on making selections of a specific area.

Back