What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

how to make this shapes?

Mortiis

arlchamionshipresultsaf.jpg

how to make these kind of shapes and insert colors like that in it?
what tools is easiest to use for this?

Here is an easy way to create such a shape. Use the rounded rectange shape tool, draw a shape->transform->distort.
Next step is: duplicate this layer and draw with the pen tool such a path you would like the shape to be. Make a selection from the path(you will see this option when right click), then its inverse and delete it. Now you have the below shape on the rectangle. You can effect them or group or merge etc.

Last edited:
with gradiant tool can i make different styles and colors in that styles...cuz in PS there aare only few and they are very ugly

with gradiant tool can i make different styles and colors in that styles...cuz in PS there aare only few and they are very ugly
yea there are many options to adjust them. ie use layer effects. right click on a layer and go to layer properties and there choose gradients and make the changes.

That one is with only shape solid color layers and layers style.
Not 100% same but right direction i think:
butons1.jpg

Okey.
1. Like LRG said, rounded rectange shape tool (radius about 4px but that's up to you). And Edit/Free Tranform Path. Distort it as needed.
2. Set that shapes color to dark red. I set to RGB(95,0,0).
3. Dublicate that shape.
4. With pen tool make two new path point on that path(shape). One on up line one on botom line (so they is at angle to each other like divide line between dark red and bright red). Holding CTRL+mouse select path points on right of that 2 new. Press DEL. Set that new shape's color to bright red.
5. Make a group of those shapes.
6. Make selection of first shape.
7. Set that selection as mask to group.
8. Make ellipse shape (it will be that round shadow on button). It will be big but thats okey.
9. Set color to new shape RGB(102,102,102). Mode Color Dodge, opacity:55%.
Effects: Inner - Shadow Multiply:100%, Distance:6, Choke:0, Size:21.
Outer Glow - Screen:32%, Speard:0, Size:32.
Change all that numbers as you want.

Hmm. Thats comes out complicated. Don't know how to explain it easier.

LoL... just realized that origin was made diferent :D
That bright red is actually over all button. But that's another story.

Yeah, that's need some experience with pen tool.
But i was intresting to make proper (i didn't like first) one so i did it and there is no need to additional tricks with pen tool.
button.jpg
Here, a gift:View attachment button.psd

Check out layer by layer. Change gradient color as you want. Switch off red thing etc.
Color Fill 2 mask mostly is what makes it look as it looks.
1. Elliptical Marque tool. Big ellipse to solid color.
2. Smaller ellipse with feather 8, in Color Fill 2 mask fill it with black.

wow
thank you so much :)
ive got it everything except last step...i dont know how you make that red color fill

It's just a solid color (red) with opacity 55 and mask.
Make selection how that red should look and make solid color. Inside group, group mask will "cut" all leftovers off, so no need to be very precise.
Can't explain any better.

Back