What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to recreate this effect?

ThatAlexKido

Hi there,

I'm new to this forum - I've used Photoshop for a while but I'm a bit stuck on this one.

I really want to recreate this effect used on the players sketch, with the colour + black and white, but I'm a bit stuck. I've tried using filters on Photoshop but they're not having the same desired effect, have a feeling I need to overlay some colour but not sure how. Any help?

IMG_20191009_104912.jpg

Player.png

revnart

Power User
There are many ways of creating this effect, starting from "one layer" approach with gradient map to more customizable option which I attach.

1. Open a photo
2. Add brightness/contrast adjustment layer (this will give you more options for end result)
3. Add posterize adj. layer and set number of colors (in this example - 4 = dark blue, lighter blue, gray, white)
4. Add gradient map adj. layer (and if you want you can set colors here
5. Add Hue/Saturation adj. layer to alter overall hue easier than in gradient map

layers panel should look like:
Zrzut ekranu 2019-10-10 o 12.35.16.png
result is:
sample.jpg

I'm also attaching psd file for testing.
P.S. It's best to have white background behind person.

Attachments

• sample.psd
    9 MB · Views: 1