What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to show the 2nd layers stiching

Hi im looking for some help. What I want to do is allow the stiching on the shoe layer to show threw on the Mario layer, without losing any opacity. If you look at the luigi picture this is how I want the Mario picture to looks like. I am unsure of what technique is used. Any help appreciated

luigi.jpgMARIO.jpg

TerryC

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Friend
If you have each part of the shoe in a layer, then with the Mario layer on top set it to overlay or screen Mode. The stitching layer should be visible.

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
I'm not sure if this would work.... but use only part of the stiches directly behind Mario..... convert those parts in a new image but convert it to grayscale. drag it back into the Mario Shoe image and position..... then try screen. or probably another mode....

I think I'll try that out myself......

iDad

Guru
reverse the method
take the sneaker layer under mario and duplicate that then place it on top of mario in overlay mode (maybe another mode) not sure.soft light?

iDad

Guru
try different modes and fade it in on the edges .if the psd was out here you would get plenty trying it ;)

Thats no good Terry you can still see the colour and the bottom layer all I want to show threw is the stiching. Please see Luigi example. Thanks for trying tho :(

iDad

Guru
try selecting the stitches area feather the select about .5 or so, use the erasor tool at about 33% GIVE OR TAKE it will take awhile but it will workView attachment 2685

No thats not it either Idad I have just started another post and have attached the original template you can select a layer and colour certain areas of the shoe. When you add colour the stiching remains visiable there must be a similar way to do this to Mario. I downloaded your zip and you can see the yellow line running across his face where you have erased it. There must be another technique its driving me insane ;) Check out the dunk template im sure it holds the answer. Thanks everyone

iDad

Guru
my selection was junk (tweak it) take your time on the section then you'll be okay

TerryC

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Friend
I was able to enlarge it a few time Cmd +, and use the quick selection tool and select each thread. It was a pain, but I could do it. Not gonna do it for you however, lol, way to tired and impatient at this time.

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
Rest guys... It's done..... oiii.... lol .....
The answer was in plain sight all the while. Thanks you uploaded the psd. This is why I needed a pure black & white copy of parts under mario.

DUNKHI_1024_Eureka_FA.jpg

DUNK_HI_1024_1stTryEureka2.jpg

Layer 1 is a flattened copy of your flaps and swoosh layer set to multiply.... You'll have to flatten the entire shoe colored image, add in a mario layer, flaps/swoosh layer..... Looks like you have to adjust the brightness/contrast of mario layer a bit - it's affected by the multiply layer on top.

Last edited:

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
Here's how the postworked FA looks like..... a little rough around the edges of mario... that I leave to your preference...

Mario-Shoe-FA.jpg

Hope this solves your headache.......

Last edited: