What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Huh -- want to change a shortcut but am given a red stop sign...

LadyJemima

I want to change Fit to Screen to Cmd + \. When I try to do this, Photoshop gives me a red stop sign and says "Cannot be assigned because it is used by Channel Path to select Layer Mask."

Now, usually you will be given a yellow warning triangle and Photoshop will let you change it anyway. This time, it doesn't seem to be letting me do it (and "Go to conflict" is greyed out.

I'm guessing it's telling me I simply can't make the change, but I wanted to double check here.

Thanks!

I want to change Fit to Screen to Cmd + \. When I try to do this, Photoshop gives me a red stop sign and says "Cannot be assigned because it is used by Channel Path to select Layer Mask."

Now, usually you will be given a yellow warning triangle and Photoshop will let you change it anyway. This time, it doesn't seem to be letting me do it (and "Go to conflict" is greyed out.

I'm guessing it's telling me I simply can't make the change, but I wanted to double check here.

Thanks!

I have a PC but checked the Mac shortcuts here., http://www.photoshopgurus.com/forum...be-photoshop-keyboard-shortcut-downloads.html
There is no "Fit to Screen", "Channel Path to Layer Mask" options that I can find.

Did you mean "Fit on screen"?
That's Cmd+0.

I can't find any Cmd+\

Yes, I meant fit on screen. The command is indeed Cmd + 0 but I constantly hit Cmd + O which is Open. I could not find any Cmd + \ either, but when I attempt to change the Fit on Screen option to that, it gives me that message about the Layer Mask Channel. Does it do the same for you if you try to change it?

It's not just you.
I don't understand it, there is no Cmd+\ or Ctrl+\ and no Channel Path to select Layer Mask option in the shortcuts but it doesn't work.

ss.jpg

Well, I'm just glad I'm not losing my mind. I'll simply choose another key combination. Thanks for the help.

Back