What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hwo to make laptop mockups ?

gautamz07

Power User
Hey guys checkout this mockup PSD here , now see how the screens are tilted but when i click on the "edit layer" on the smart object in the PSD the screen that opens , is not tilted , its just a flat screen and i just have to place my image there and press "save" and bhoom the image appears on the laptop screen ... perfectly in synch.

Now how do i take a random image off the internet , example:

lenovo_yoga_900_official_1.jpg

And turn it into a mockup where i can insert any screen i like (the screen should be a smart object and when i open it should not be tilted , and when i press save .. the new screen i have saved should appear perfectly in synch with the device )

can somebody guide me , so i atleast have a vague idea as to how i do this.

P.S. i am not sure i have explained this very well, so feel free to ask questions. :D

gautamz07

Power User
Wooooow this was sooooooo easy peeeeeesyyyyyyy .......I managed to do it.

The following steps is really what i was looking for :D :D :D :D :D :D

1. Create a new layer above your photo layer in the Layers panel, name it something like "screen".
2. Select the Rectangle Tool (U), draw a rectangle that looks roughly the same dimensions as the screen in your photo (it doesn’t have to be exact, but try match the dimensions visually).
3. Right click on the new rectangle shape layer, and select Convert to Smart Object. The rectangle you drew is now a smart object. Now we need to make this rectangle fit the laptop screen.
4. From the top menu bar select Edit>Transform>Distort.
5. One by one, drag each corner handle to the corresponding corners on the laptop screen, zoom up close if you can't see exactly where the corners are.
6. Hit Enter to commit the transform when you are happy.
7. If you are not 100% happy, you can still go Edit>Transform>Distort to make small adjustments.

lg-1.jpg