What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

image enlargement/zoom/resize photoshop

yagyashree

I have a jpg image and i am trying to enlarge the image using photoshop

As soon as i open a image and go image-image size and try to choose enlargement options, the picture pixel gets shredded.

Please let me know how to enlarge image upto 1000% without loosing the image pixel and making the picture usable.

Thanks

What size is at from beginning?
Probably not possible with .jpg

Not happening in Photoshop without loss or any other pixel based program. Try a vector based, like illustrator

Please let me know how to enlarge image upto 1000%

10x in both linear dimensions, or 10x in area (ie, 3x in both linear dimensions)?

As iDad stated, the first is impossible in any pixel based program without a huge loss of quality. If you can accept a moderately large (but not absurd) loss of quality, the 2nd may be acceptable.

Unfortunately, Photoshop is not as good as the software used in the detective stories on TV where they can zoom in by huge amounts. This is the real world. LOL.

T

okay could you tell me tools which can be used to enlarge images successfully without breaking pixels.

Try adding high resolution to the image then try resizing, you're not going to get the percentage you want though,AND NOT happy with the result most likely

i checked adobe illustrator but how to go about enlarging pic. I am interested in any tool available in market which can make pics enlarge with good quality.

Within the first couple of replies,your answer is there. Unless you have an option to get those images from scratch in a vector format you're probably out of luck. Show a couple of those pictures let some members see what they-can do, but don't have high expectations.

@OP - You didn't answer my question:

"10x in both linear dimensions, or 10x in area (ie, 3x in both linear dimensions)? "

Tom M

Back