What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Importing Variable data sets with UTF 8 BOM japanese characters

mohad

Hi Guys,

I have an image template and have a xlsx file with Japanese characters wit two columns. I need to create images with this information by importing the CSV into variable data sets.

When I convert the xlsx into csv, I was seeing question marks instead of Japanese characters. So, I did some research on how to make it and work and found that we can save the file as txt with UTF 8 encoding and rename it as csv to retain the JP characters.

This is where the problem occurs. When I import this data, I get the error messageerror.JPG (refer error.jpeg). The spl character is not seen in the txt or csv file. Can someone plssss help me out here?

Paul MR

The Script Master
It works for me if the csv file is saved as UTF8.
Make sure when importing the dataset that you are importing as UTF8 as well.
2016-03-10_132121.jpg
I tested using フィールド1 as the field name

mohad

It works for me if the csv file is saved as UTF8.
Make sure when importing the dataset that you are importing as UTF8 as well.
View attachment 62694
I tested using フィールド1 as the field name

This worked !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMGGGGGGGGGGGG thank you sooooooooooooooooooooooo much