What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ins and Outs of the Pen

Chsavage

In my journey to improve my photoshop skills (it's been long and tenuous) I've often wondered how I can take my skills to each proceeding level. I think I'm at the point now where I must become familiar with, and attempt to even master, the pen tool. Simple yet vexing all at the same time. I think I have a handle on using it to make selections, drop anchor points right click and cut what I want out, but I still don't really understand making freeform shapes and using it for pathways. I really like vector art a lot and I know this tool is invaluable for that.
The bottom line for me here is, does anyone know of a good tutorial type resource for using and becoming better at the Pen tool? Perhaps there's something in the forum I just haven't seen yet?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

I appreciate this a lot, thank you! Haven't had time to really read into these, but I am working on it. I suppose since I have CC I should go ahead and download Illustrator and learn it.

Back