What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is it possible to change eye colour in gif?

Is it the same when the character on a gif moves their head around? Because my problem is, when i work layer by layer, the content of one layer shows on another. I'm not that familiar with photoshop, maybe Im doing something wrong. (Sorry for the messy explanation, english isnt my first language)

for example:
1photosho.png

and then, when I start working on another layer:

photoshop 2.png

Hi Tommyknocher
There might be a shortcut that works.
Right now you are applying both a Contrast/Brightness Adjsutment Layer and a Hue/Sat Adjustment Layer at the top of you Layer Stack both with Layer Masks, The Layer Mask was being specific to one frame of the GIF so when you moved to another frame of the GIF the Layer Mask you used did not move with it leaving the adjustments in the wrong place.

So, you need some sort of adjustment that will track the eyes.

One way to give this a go is to use a Hue/Sat adjustment Layer and have it only change the colors for the cyan areas. That way it would leave the rest of the image alone for each GIF layer (if cyan is not used anywhere else in your image. I have shown a picture below where I changed the eyes to green with no masking and a similar approach might work for you that may work for all the GIF images as long as the original eye color is not used anywhere else in the image.

Not sure this will work for you yet might be worth a shot.
John Wheeler

Screen Shot 2019-10-29 at 5.47.18 PM.png

Back