What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I've lost my stride, need advice

Pipsmom

Guru
I've worked on this for three days off and on..I think I got it something like.... yeah I like that..... then next day I reopen and hate it..its fake, over worked
I'm over lightening, over sharpening, blurring detail, blowing highlights...You name the mistake and I've made it ...grrrrr ...... Pulling my hair out :shocked:
Don't know what my problem is but I just lost my touch somewhere along the line, so I'm turning to the pro's again for guidance and get me back on the right track.
Have a look and please advise me what steps I need to do to achieve a half decent picture out of this old thing thats been in the scrapbook for 25 years

Original

Original Shelia, wedding veil copy.jpg

Don't laugh to hard..... this WAS where I was heading with the look before it all sadly goes south every single time ...Then, just realised today part of the veil is missing under the left arm...(magic wand isn't my friend anymore lol).....The mistakes never cease

Stage 1

1st stage Shelia, wedding veil.jpg

stage 4.jpg

Argos

Guru
Hi pipsmom, i think the problem is that you tried to fix something in my opinion it's imposible to fix, you can improve a little but if you try to hard the result is worst XD.

I think your step 1 is not bad and then adding some nice background.

Potdata: I have to ask i that in the background a head of somekind of animal? (looks like a deers head) :cheesygrin:

Pipsmom

Guru
Yeah I noticed that too.....it's a mounted deer head.
Her husband is a hunter and that one was taken down off the wall so she could use that room as a dressing room I suppose.
You should see their house now...looks like Wild Kingdom :rofl:

Pipsmom

Guru
Well I finished it and returned it to her, fingers crossed she likes it. It never was perfect but maybe what I did satisfies,.....

Shelia Final edit .jpg