What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

loading multiple plug ins

Cameragal10

I have two photoshop plug ins that I am trying to load into my photoshop. I load one but when I try to load the second one the first one is replaced. How can I load both plug ins into filters? I am using CS5

A Photoshop Plug in auto replacement ??

Well that's really weird I'll say.

Unless you are trying to load or install different versions or names of the same plug in

this may help
How to Install Plugins for Photoshop

Once the plug in is installed it will automatically show up on the filters menu.

Good luck.

exactly what I was thinking install it, it, will there when you need it(well it should be once installed )

I install plug ins by going to edit>preferences>plugins>additional plug ins folder. Both programs are in the plug ins folder under adobe, I am definately doing something wrong as I can only get one at a time to load.

I think what you are looking for is in menu bar >filter>
the bottom of list

Thank you idad. Let me try to explain again. I load one plug in and it is under filters at the bottom. Then I try to load another filter and the first one I loaded is gone and the second one has taken it's place at the bottom of filters. I can't get more than one plug in to load at a time.

can you take a picture of the filter drop down menu where your plugins are? something doesnt sound right, like maybe they are not installed

Thanks for your help, I finally got it. I thought the plug ins were in the plug in folder but they were not. So when I went to edit>preference>plugins and did it that way it kept eliminating the one I already had loaded into the filters. I went back into my files and put the program in the plug in folder and it loaded it automatically. I'm good to go.

maybe it's different on a PC but don't you need to install plugins, not just them in folders?

It has to go into the adobe plug ins folder located in the adobe files and it automatically loads it into photoshop

Before I learned about the Preset Manager, every time I wanted to change a brush, style, pattern, etc, I would log out, load the preset into the proper file (example path - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS3\Brushes), then, open PS back up again! What a pain! I saw a tutorial about styles, where the person opened the styles with the manager. I felt so ignorant! LOL That's the way it is when you work your way, with no formal training, through the learning process, though. So, I read, and watch, everything I can find!

you know the old saying "ignorance is bliss"? learning is always a good thing. No matter how you learnt it, you leaned.........full speed ahead!

Those 'difficult' lessons are the best, too! They seem to stick with me. As you write, it doesn't really matter how, though, just that we do.

Back