What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Logo for my product design shop

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Nice. It has some symmetry issues with the semi circles that throw off the eye slightly, but all in all a solid design.

Screen Shot 2020-06-12 at 7.58.30 PM.png

Also some odd lines, missing corner, and leftovers
Screen Shot 2020-06-12 at 7.45.33 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-06-12 at 7.45.42 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-06-12 at 7.45.49 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-06-12 at 7.45.55 PM.png

polarwoc

Guru
I was going to point out the remnant lines and ask if it was part of the design or were overlooked, but Sam already pointed them out.
1.png
If width of the triangle side depicted by Green line is 1 inch, the Red line seems 1.2 inch. That is to say the sides of the triangle are not with similar width - is that intentional?

Otherwise, the design is excellent.

[ iLLuSioN ]

Power User
Your logo doesn't currently work in postage size, e.g. for promotional gifts on USB sticks, pens, etc.

The lines are a bit too thin and "PRODUCT DESIGN" too small

pauloalex_98

Power User
finished.jpg

I already finished the missing lines and the geometry problem in the right down corner of the upper triangle, I'm gonna try to work on the inches of the lines later but I don't think it's necessary, it looks good either way

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I'm gonna try to work on the inches of the lines later but I don't think it's necessary, it looks good either way
Well................actually it is necessary and it does matter. How it looks, or better yet the accuracy of your lines is a direct reflection of your skill set. Your logo is a representation of your company and what it can do. Anyone viewing the logo could notice it's off and quickly form a negative opinion. You can obtain accuracy with ease using shape tools.

Screen Shot 2020-06-13 at 8.47.19 AM.png

polarwoc

Guru
...I'm gonna try to work on the inches of the lines later but I don't think it's necessary, it looks good either way
That sounded like a compromise. Please do not do that if you are yourself dissatisfied. That will keep bothering you each time you see the logo or when someone comments on it later. On the other hand, if the sides of different thickness on the geometric shapes is intentional and all stakeholders are happy, you could go ahead.

pauloalex_98

Power User
Your logo doesn't currently work in postage size, e.g. for promotional gifts on USB sticks, pens, etc.

The lines are a bit too thin and "PRODUCT DESIGN" too small
The logo isn't meant for that. It's for a product design shop where I sell my designs, I just need the logo to represent my shop. I'm not gonna print the logo anywhere.