What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Low resolution image to high resolution image help

nipun

Hi,
I would like to know any techniques to get low resolution image to high resolution.
for example i attached a image below.
IMG_4464.jpg

for this image help me how to enhance it for high resolution image.
also i would like it in 1500 *
[FONT=&amp]2000 [/FONT]resolution.

I would really appreciate if some one can help me :)

Last edited by a moderator:

fredfish

Guru
Hi nipun

Bottom line is that it is always going to be slightly disappointing enlarging a low resolution image - particularly by that much.

However I had a go by doing the following.

Converted the image to a smart object
Went to the crop tool and typed in 2000 px X 1500 px
Then I duplicated the layer
I then applied a "High Pass" filter with a setting of 4.5 to try to bring out some of the details.
Finally I applied a bit of Gaussian blur to soften it again.

The other issue with this image (IMHO) is that it is over saturated, this will create further problems when enlarging it.

Just my 2 penneth.

Untitled-1.jpg

Cheers

John

fredfish

Guru
No worries John :thumbsup:

What Deke doesn't about Photoshop is not worth knowing

Completely agree I still have my copies of Photoshop CS3 One-on-One Fundamentals, Beyond the basics and Advanced. Although they are old I still look at them every now and again - really informative stuff.

Cheers

John

nipun

Hi @nipun

Bottom line is that it is always going to be slightly disappointing enlarging a low resolution image - particularly by that much.

I then applied a "High Pass" filter with a setting of 4.5 to try to bring out some of the details.

The other issue with this image (IMHO) is that it is over saturated, this will create further problems when enlarging it.

Just my 2 penneth.

View attachment 79011

Cheers

John

Thank you so much for help.
i really appreciate it :)

fredfish

Guru
Hi @nipun

Just my 2 penneth.

View attachment 79011

Cheers

John

Sorry I missed out a step.

When you apply the Hi Pass filter change the blend mode of that layer to Hard Light! Without that it will look a mess.

Cheers

John