What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Composite Minecraft avatar.

MentosCubing

Power User
A stupid and pointless (but also kind of cool) composite involving my Minecraft avatar.

My younger siblings recently got me back into playing Minecraft. I completely redesigned my avatar and everything so I could have a fresh new start and begin playing together with them. I don't know why this idea popped into my head, but I decided to try a quick little composite of my new Minecraft avatar on the real world. (I skinned, posed and lit the character manually in Blender, but the actual character rig is not mine - it came from rymdnisse.net and was made by Nils Söderman.)
A stupid and pointless but also kind of cool creation involving my Minecraft skin.jpg
I rendered the character in Blender, and the rest was done manually in the 2D editor in Affinity Photo. If anyone has any advice/tips on how I could have made this better, please do share them; I have very little experience with this sort of thing and I would love to know your thoughts.

Argos

Guru
Neither stupid or pointless I think it's cool and funny and it looks really good, and it's better if that it's your actual room or house where you usually play.

My only critic would be in photo composite, too much air (space) with no interest in the lower part of the picture and too short in the upper side, nothing photoshop can't fix easy XD.

Cheers!

MentosCubing

Power User
My only critic would be in photo composite, too much aid (space) with no interest in the lower part of the picture and too short in the upper side, nothing photoshop can't fix easy XD.
Thanks Argos! I cropped the image to focus more on the character, and it ended up being the perfect aspect ratio for a desktop wallpaper!
I think it's cool and funny and it looks really good, and it's better if that it's your actual room or house where you usually play.
Yes, that is the actual room where I use my laptop - my MentosCubing mousepad is the only one of its kind :)