What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Multiple layers to gif

FreudChicken

I am trying to make a .gif out of layers of 1-by-1 screencaps of a television show.
Horribly lengthy process, but I have tried so much and can't find another way.

Now, the problem I have is that I cannot find another way to make it show layer 1 on frame 1, layer 2 on frame 2 (etc) without having to manually show every layer on every frame.

This is not an option for 100+ layers (the example picture is not my original project).

yDEm4.jpg

I've tried tweening it, but that doesn't do what I want it to do.

Is there a way I can make the animation tab automatically associate layer 1 with frame 1, layer 2 with frame 2 (etc) ?

FreudChicken

That is the exact thing that I'm trying to avoid, changing the visibility of the layers for every frame.

I'd have to do it 323 times.

I did learn some good stuff from that link though. So it was not all helpless!

Thanks!

FreudChicken

Sadly, no.

'Import -> Video Frames to Layers' is not an option for me.

I have all the layers ready, there's a lot of them.

But the layers are not automatically associated with the frames, like how it would be if you imported video frames to layers.

FreudChicken

CS 5 extended version.

There is something wrong with my computer, so video frames to layers doesn't work for me.

Paul

Former Member
Are you using a downloaded version of the shop?

FreudChicken

Yup. But does it matter?

I've tried it countless times, video frames to layers doesn't work no matter how many versions I install/how many times I reinstall them.

It's nice you're trying to help, but I've given up on it ever working and am focusing on the next best thing.

(which is what I described in my original post)

SeniorS

Guru
Where Layers from Frames is. Flyout menu or something. Little triangle on right corner in animation panel.

Paul

Former Member
Are you using a downloaded FREE version of the shop?

Hoogle

Guru
Photoshop will only recognise uncompressed AVI files or quicktime movies hence the import vide to layers option did not work if you want to do it again then just convert video to quicktime. But then I should not be offering my support after I have spent thousands on the software and then then have to keep paying extra each time a new version comes out as they have to make up the cost from piracy.