What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My custom sports game covers

Brian Soto

Nice work, mate. I appreciate the artistic license they accord designers. I know the sports game market in general has their own standard for extreme saturation, and black and white points as every NHL game I've ever owned utilized similar looks, and they all conflicted with every rule we'd ever learned about photo retouching. But in games, the idea is to make them look "hyper-realistic," and often cartoony.

A sure deathknell of any video game marketing strategy would be if you put a tame, minimally manipulated stock photo up there with a logo. Were these commissioned, or personal projects?

cyclone2426

Nice work, mate. I appreciate the artistic license they accord designers. I know the sports game market in general has their own standard for extreme saturation, and black and white points as every NHL game I've ever owned utilized similar looks, and they all conflicted with every rule we'd ever learned about photo retouching. But in games, the idea is to make them look "hyper-realistic," and often cartoony.

A sure deathknell of any video game marketing strategy would be if you put a tame, minimally manipulated stock photo up there with a logo. Were these commissioned, or personal projects?

Just personal projects, some were requested by other users in the gaming community, but mostly just made them at random.