What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My first question? Why is my Profile/general tab different

mikecox

I was reading a tutorial the other day and the Profile image that was used was different from mine.

I'm confused by the number of version of Ps I have in the Programs folder. There is Ps CC (64bit) dated 6/14, Ps CC dated 6/14 and Ps CC 2014 dated 10/14.

I am assuming that 2014 is the current CC version and the one I recently updated from Adobe Creative Cloud.

So why does my profile not include the options in this example?

Ps profile.jpg

Also, should I uninstall the other two copies?

The problem is you dont have the evil twisted mind of an Adobe software engineer...

Ps-profile_MT.png

As to the latest version, yes, CC 2014 is the latest version.
AFAIK there isn't a 32bit version of CC 2014 to worry about.

Different versions of PS can be installed on your system but only one can be running at any one time.
You have two PS CC's as there are both the 32bit and 64bit versions.

You don't have to un-install previous versions of PS....knowing Adobe it's actually handy to have a previous version as any plugins you may have installed for it probably won't work in the latest version anyway.....that happens a lot.

Start thinking like an Adobe software engineer and you'll have it sorted in no time.

Regards.
MrTom.

The problem is you dont have the evil twisted mind of an Adobe software engineer...

View attachment 52769

As to the latest version, yes, CC 2014 is the latest version.
AFAIK there isn't a 32bit version of CC 2014 to worry about.

Different versions of PS can be installed on your system but only one can be running at any one time.
You have two PS CC's as there are both the 32bit and 64bit versions.

You don't have to un-install previous versions of PS....knowing Adobe it's actually handy to have a previous version as any plugins you may have installed for it probably won't work in the latest version anyway.....that happens a lot.

Start thinking like an Adobe software engineer and you'll have it sorted in no time.

Regards.
MrTom.
Thanks MrTome
I didn't see that the phrasing was different, but why is the General Profile page so different? Is the example an older version? I'm thinking it is, since my 2014 version is up to date.

Back