What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My first time showing. promise you show it to me to!

Kamil

Hey guys and gals.
i'm designing this thingie for my girlfriend. shes the editor of her colleges student union magazine. they needed a design for a promotion counter that they will use on the first day of school this year to attract new students to write for it.
long story short, this is what i made:
I started with this shady reporter guy. i needed him simplified, this is what i got:
(I ripped the original off of google, i know i shouldn't, sorry guy who made this photo.)
reporter.jpg

then i created a background and some text (the text in Hebrew says we need you!):
duhan.jpg

got the sides done as well:
duhanfull.jpg

and heres a simulation of how it will look:
nisui.jpg

i dont like the background. any ideas on how to improve this? i made the original files HUGE, the psd weighs 1.55gb:shocked:
what do i do to make it printable?
crits are very welcome!:yourock:

you could dull out the background slightly by changing the layer opacity or duplicating it and setting the blending mode to overlay. or change the orange to a subtle blue, perhaps?

if you compress it to a JPEG it should be small enought to print.

the jpeg turned out 190mb in rgb and 77mb in cmyk.. i tried a bluish bg but i hated it.. i dont like it at all actually i think il redo it.

Why not blend the press guy in with the background and make smae colours etc (fuse) together.

donno, didnt try that, i thought that if i did, he would have disappeared in the mess.

I think it looks pretty good the way it is. Just keep it!

Cover all available avenues mate, explore all differing choices in shop.

i tried a colored reporter on a simple (not greyscale) bg. he looked out of place, like he was cut out of a paper and glued onto a blank page. hmmm.. i thought about maybe doing really fat strokes on the bg that compliment the stroke on him. and i tried adding him to an old greyscale image from the 50's of people watching tv.. maybe id look at it again..

Back