What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

my logo ideas...

runnerjp

Hello guys,

I think you have all seen my book - deskbackground2.jpg

well im trying to create a logo... so far i have the below... any ideas how i can chnage it to make it fit in the the background...i need it to stand out on the page

jplogo.jpg

Just one advice.
Please, please don't use Comic Sans. It's OK for a birthday invite, not for logo.
Also, you could make letter "J" come out of letter "T".

very good advice...

i have been looking at it and came up with this...

Only issue I'm having is colors. i have tried filling them in but they look tacky

jp.jpg

logo.jpg

Why not make it one shape of big, glossy, shinny metal?

Last edited:
You do realize that logo is usually made in Vector format? Also, it's a good thing if it's simple, and if it looks as good in b/w as in color.

Use the stem of the P to be the stem of the J, flowing downward and curving. All one stroke, bascially. Make a black-to-maroon gradient to fill it, and give it a brushed metal stroke.

Agent

I know its usually done n Vector Format but i dont see why it cant be done in Photoshop, i believe i have seen tutorials on here for logos within Photoshop :)

With your above comment in mind i got rid of the background mylogo.jpg

yes this is just going to be used for the web so im OK :) thanks for the heads up though!
I have amended the logo again....
mylogo.jpg

Back