What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need help making a silhouette look correct

AverageJones

So this picture is for the Redstrong Foundation, which is in memory of my best friend who passed away from cancer at the extremely young age of 26.

The picture is a silhouette of the kid himself, but it seems to be a bit confusing as to whether it is a lefty or righty golfer. He was a lefty, but his father refuses to use this picture because he says it looks like a righty. Most people ive asked have seen lefty, but i can see why it looks like a righty to some people.

This picture is going to be on clothing, hats, pamphlets, and be the main picture for the foundation and annual golf tournaments. We just do not want it to be confusing in any way, shape, or form.

If there is anyway to outline it, or do something to make sure it is very clearly a lefty golfer, that would be great!!

We would appreciate it greatly and be very thankful for anyone who is willing to put in the time to do this for us. I would do it myself, but i do not have a creative mind and have no clue how to use photoshop. I imagine it isnt an extremely difficult task for you photoshop-genius people! Or i hope anyways!

Redstrong.jpgIMG_7901.JPGIMG_7898.JPG

Thanks a bunch!

AverageJones

The top picture is the one we want edited. That is the picture that is going to be used everywhere. We want the golf ball to stay there and the words as well.

Argos

Guru
This example is poorly done, but the only thing i can think right now is to play with the lights.

Redstrong2.jpg

AverageJones

Wow that actually looks really good to me honestly. Im going to send it over to the mother and see what she thinks of it.. Thanks for your help!

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
just pitching an idea, it might be good, to maybe have his gloved hand in red, that way people will know pretty much instantly that he was a lefty.

Argos

Guru
Glad you like it, i think you can add some softness to the edges of that siluete, is better to work from the original, but i made and example that what i mean.

Redstrong4.jpg

Last edited:

AverageJones

I agree it looks better with the softer edges. Thank you. I would not be able to do the glove hand red because i do not know how to do that, but i think that could look good, but id like to see an example if possible.

Argos

Guru
Its a nice idea to make it pop, but careful because in the original he doesn't use red globes, and in a silhouette it can seems like a distinctive thing of him. I don't know if is understandable, my english sucks XD

AverageJones

Its a nice idea to make it pop, but careful because in the original he doesn't use red globes, and in a silhouette it can seems like a distinctive thing of him. I don't know if is understandable, my english sucks XD
I know what you mean. yea he never wore a red glove, so i can see what you mean by that. I think it looks good as of now, but i will report back when i hear back from the mother. Thanks for your help