What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need help on canon powershot digital camera.

tytus

I have canon powershot digital camera with which i had taken pictures on Christmas day. When i connected the memory card of canon camera to my computer it says i need to format the memory card before using it? So i formatted it then i saw there were no photos in the card. I have also ticked on show hidden files and folders but still i am not able to see my photos.

Hoogle

Guru
I am afraid to say you have deleted your photos formatting means erasing it windows would only suggest formatting it if a) it could not be read or B) it is damaged.

Depending on if you did a quick format or a full format you may and I must stress MAY be able to use something like this Photo recovery freeware trial software recovers lost pictures images deleted data files the 2nd 1 down I have used before where it did recover some of my pictures it was only about 20% of them.

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
yeah you basically just deleted all your files, because windows was an absolute Tw*t and told you to do something you didn't understand. there is recovery software you can get but it might not work.

imac

Banned
Not to repeat the answer for a 4th Time the free software you use can actually do more damage than good All though Like Hooge, Henry and Zee have said is ok if the data is not really that important but would be nice to get back. But research each 1 first.

However if you have some memorable photos that you really do not want to loose then I would think about sending it to a data recover company. They will strip the drive down and recover 99% of stuff in a sterile enviroment. It can be expensive but if you have a budget memory card it may only be the safest option.

Paul

Former Member
In my experience it never works at all.

IsabellA

Kernel for Windows data recovery tool is the best option to recover lost, deleted, corrupted or formatted photos and video files from various memory cards. Software performs READ-ONLY operation and doesn't delete data on the card.

Zeealice

They will strip the drive down and recover 99% of stuff in a sterile enviroment. It can be expensive but if you have a budget memory card it may only be the safest option.

It once cost me £430 to get my data recovered that way, so the data HAS TO BE worth breaking the bank for.

imac

Banned
Yes it is expensive I have sent of a 750 GB hard drive back in October to do they said they can recover it and have done so however they have lost my disk and data somehow so I am still without it

Hoogle

Guru
I will follow you around and delete all your double posts I am unsure of why your trying to build up so many posts in such a short time but I assure you if it is to post a spam link that to will be deleted along with your account

aaron3

Hi,

Formatting erases all photos present in memory card. You shouldn't have formatted. Windows gives that error when file system of memory card gets corrupted. Corruption of memory card can happen due to several reasons such as continuous plugging and unplugging of memory card or due to virus attack or some other reasons. There is no need to worry as perform Canon photo recovery using some data recovery software. This software recovers all photos which were deleted during formatting. Just download the data recovery software and recover your photos.

ilmkidunya1

you have lost your all pics there is a way to get them all back with runtime get data back and next time format you memory card using you camera