but the sword shape that i provided on facebook link totally different from youtube tutorial. correct me if i am wrong.
Hi,OK, from this
View attachment 61351
to this effect
View attachment 61352
- Make a selection from the shape of the blade.
- Place it on this own layer two times (ctrl+J)
- Select the top blade layer (see 'marching ants')
- Fill this layer with a near white color and apply gaussian blur (depending on the picture you'll have to experiment)
- Select the first blade layer (see marching ants)
- Go to select - modify - expand and expand by lets say 10 pixels
- The selection is now expanded
- Fill this layer with a darker color of the near white color and blur it with gaussian blur (again you'll have to see the effect.)
The shape of the blade does not matter.
are you able to show me the entire steps of achieving this effect?
Change your technique from "precise" to "softer".Junqi Ng said:Did i did anything wrong my somehow compare to yours its seems abit weird.
i try changing the blend mode but and change to contour but it seems so weird are you able to replicate the effects so i can have better understand of how to achieve this effect.Change your technique from "precise" to "softer".
You have to play with the layer style. Change the blend mode, change the contour.
I have already thrown out the PSD I used to make that example, so i can't tell you exactly what I did with the layer style.
i manage to get the selection like finally. but the color a abit weird did i do something wrong. i follow the steps top layer select something nearly white. follow by gassiaun blur.To select the blade only press CTRL and click on the thumbnail of the blade! (You'll see the 'marching ants' around the selecting of the blade)