What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need Help tracing a photo of my dad + sister

XyORIONyX

I'm looking for help tracing this photo of my dad and sister. I'm looking to have just a simple black and white so it looks kind of like my
fail but with some better detail and no back round. I'm looking to have a T-shirt made for my dads 60th. Thank you in advance!

first step.PNGfirst_step black and white fail.png

gedstar

Guru
OK hope this will do it's a PNG with transparent background

Dad and Sister.png

If you're happy with this I can increase the size as this is only 3500 * 3000 px

Last edited:

gedstar

Guru
You're welcome, glad I could help :thumbsup:

Just realized I made a mistake with the man's leg but you should be able to sort that out yourself!

Last edited:

Tom Mann

Guru
@gedstar , @IamSam - I can think of several methods that could be used to prep images for thresholding or edge-finding. I'm curious which of these, if any, did you guys use? I seem to remember an old thread on this, but haven't been able to find it. I also think that if someone happens upon this thread in the future, a link to the methods u used would be nice (...if not too much trouble - I realize that the OP didn't ask for this, but requests for this sort of image modification come up fairly frequently).

Cheers,

Tom M

gedstar

Guru
Hi Tom

My method was really a lot of trial and error, just made selections of various parts of the bodies and copied them to new layers, applying Threshold adjustment to each selection also had to manually paint in various parts with B&W brushes. I'm sure there was other things I done but can't remember them off hand.