What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need Help with Exporting a Vector

Nxxl

Hey,

So I have near to Zero experience with Adobe Illustrator. But the only thing I know to do is Convert a Raster to a Vector using the "Image Trace" option.

So now, I had this Jpeg. I have converted it to a vector. But I don't know what to export it as. What file format should I export it as, so that people can view it in their Gallery? When I saved it as a EPS format, it opened up in AI. When I saved it as a SVG, it opens up in my browser.

So what do I save it as? And also, if y'all can explain what each format is in simple terms.

Thank you!

Edit: Also, why is the main document size so small as compared to the Image that I imported? How do I make it the size of the image?
1.PNG

Last edited:

hawkeye

Guru
Gallery will not display vectors. If you want others to view it as a vector, you can save it as a PDF.

Object-Artboards-Fit to Artwork Bounds

Nxxl

So like a Photoshop edit, when sending it to someone to view, you send it as a Jpeg or a PNG and when sending it so that it is editable, you send it as a PSD.

What would be its equivalent for an Illustrator edit?

hawkeye

Guru
png and jpg for viewing. ai or eps files to edit in PS or AI.
PDF files can also be edited in AI if you check the option when saving.
MaxthonSnap20180214091153.png

Nxxl

Oh alright, thank you. And also, just a general question.

Usually when giving a print company a logo to print maybe on a T shirt or a poster, what file do people send them? The PDF or the AI file?

hawkeye

Guru
If their website does not state specifically the file type and color mode, call and ask them.