What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need suggestions on adding text to project

Noj

I have a school project that I'm working on that I could use some help with.

I have a map that I'd like to add some "handwritten" text on. My problem is that no matter what I try it looks like it's floating. Any ideas on how to get the text and map to look more "real" together?

TIA - Noj

DEPENDING on the image I suggest trying after you place the text try changing the layer mode

I would try going under layer-layer styles and add a drop shadow. Make sure the shadow is set to multiply, and colored so it looks natural with the map underneath it.

there are so many ways to do it you will be better off posting the image to get more ideas.

Thanks for all the help.

I went with the blur, smudge suggestion.

It looks awesome. Thanks again.

a visual would be cool ;)

Just to season the previous posts:

Find the best contrast channel of the map. In your case I think the Red one we'll do the best. Copy it. Add a Layer mask to your text layer, select the mask, paste. Unlink the mask with the layer and add some Bevel and Emboss style to the layer.

Back