What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need text in photo

marty_mcfly

Hi

Can anyone help me with this photo. I need the tracking number that begins JJD

I have the first bit, but struggling with the end

Many thanks in advance

Martin

Attachments

• photo1.jpg
    photo1.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 17
Hello and welcome to PSG.

There is no JJD in this image. There is, however, an 11 digit number.

It's certainly nothing personal, but I'm always a bit leery of these types of requests, so I'm not comfortable offering an opinion as to what I think the numbers are. We leave these types of requests to the discretion of our members, so hopefully someone will have a suggestion for you soon. Good luck.

Not sure what all that white space is there for, and I have no idea where you are getting "JJD" but I cropped out the barcode portion of the image for you.

barcode.png

To me the numbers look like 53265456817.

Hi Martin
I too am skeptical of some request yet did this just for grins.

The barcode looks like it is a numeric only encoding 128-C. That encoding allows two digits per bar code character (3 bars and 3 spaces)

The only part of the bar code that is visible is the last 3 pairs of numbers, a checksum and a stop character.

Those last 6 characters are 48 68 17

The checksum reverse engineered looks like it is 69

This is most likely a 12 digit barcode with the first digit missing

First digit: 5
Second digit 2 or 3
Third digit 2
fourth digit 6 or 8
fifth digit 5 6 or 8

I overlaid a generated barcode with the last 6 digits and the bars do seem to match quite well. I grayed out the checksum as that was too much work to create a match yet the coding looks like 69

No clue what you are really up to yet I learned a bit about bar code encoding in the process.

Screen Shot 2015-12-11 at 10.49.37 PM.png

Hi all

Thanks for your help. Here is the original picture. Its for a parcel I am trying to track

I have attached the full image

Martin

79382108-fd1b-4438-bfc7-b5ec5a1bc24d copy.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
In that case I think I see: JJDD002253265465817

Based on the bar code and reverse reading it, I came up with: JJD 00 02 25 32 69 48 68 17

I confirmed this code by putting it into a bar code generator, placing that bar code over the supplied image, and then blurring part of it to match the blur of your original image. Looks like a perfect match to me. or

You can also double check this yourself via this link of codes: http://www.adams1.com/128table.html or at http://everything.explained.today/Code_128/

DHL is the shipper based on the JJD code. The number is accepted into the tracking system yet it has no record of the number. That either means my number is incorrect, there is something wrong with DHL with this package, or this is not a DHL tracking number and some other number that may still help you resolve the issue with DHL. So no joy

Hope this is helpful

John Wheeler

Screen Shot 2015-12-12 at 3.13.37 PM.png

Back