What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New advice on texture

Salamandre19

Hello,

I have some gold icons and I need to change their texture/color to match icons from Heroes 3 video game. Please, can anyone give me some basic ideas from where to start, I suppose is about filters?

Picture from where to start:
6fzHq8.png

And I need to change their texture to match this

1232.jpg

As you see, the first ones are more golden and fleshy, second are more light and cold. How can I change the first to second colors please?

Thanks

And I need to change their texture to match this

View attachment 58546

As you see, the first ones are more golden and fleshy, second are more light and cold. How can I change the first to second colors please?

Thanks

This image is too small to see anything.

Here's my best guess using the information you've provided. If this is anything like your asking about, I will explain it further.

Screen Shot 2015-09-16 at 9.30.08 AM.png

Thanks for changes to image, I like it. But can you tell me what exactly you did, I would like to understand then improve the process in my free time.

Here is a better sample of final colors/texture I want to change to:
Mh3aOC.png

Attachments

• icm005h.bmp
    8.3 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Certainly, but I'm not convinced it's what your looking for.

I first added a Hue & Saturation adjustment layer which I then clipped to the Icon layer. I then made adjustment to the H&S layer. I used the adjustment layers layer mask to mask out the two triangular gems.
Screen Shot 2015-09-16 at 11.24.46 AM.png

I also added a curves adjustment layer (not clipped) and increased the overall contrast.
Screen Shot 2015-09-16 at 11.25.21 AM.png

Lastly, I added a Pattern overlay layer style to the Icon layer.
Screen Shot 2015-09-16 at 11.25.52 AM.png

Screen Shot 2015-09-16 at 11.26.34 AM.png

Screen Shot 2015-09-16 at 11.26.46 AM.png

I of course did not know what your level of Ps experience was so if you run into issues, don't hesitate to ask. Myself or other members will be glad to help you out.

Remember, all of these settings you can experiment with, you don't have to use mine.

Last edited:
Thanks, I appreciate you took the time to show me, is quite rare. And yes I am newbie, in the sense I know to work with layers, apply some effects, I watched a few tutorials online because I am heavy modder of Heroes 3 game and I need sometimes to provide myself icons, custom buttons, interface boxes and so on. But mainly my work is coding.

Back