What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shira Bracha

Hi,

My name is Shira, I am a graphic designer, and I design for a Jewelry Company.

I joined this forum, because I have come across a problem with my Photoshop CS4, and cant figure out what seems to be wrong.

I use the pen tool to crop images. Usually everything is great - I outline the image, and the cut outs (the middle parts of the image that need to be cropped too..) and select the path, mask the image, and its all great.

Recently - when I tried to select the path, it would only grab the outer path I'd made and not select the middle.

Now, I am trying to use the tool and its not working altogether - and is telling me that I have no pixels to select.

If someone can pleease help me with this! I'm so stuck!!!

Thanks

RedneckR0nin

I'm not the best with Vectors or the pen tool yet but I'm sure someone will help you soon. I'm just here to say welcome to the forum.

iDad

Guru
check feathering settings should be 0

Shira Bracha

Thanks for the link, I tried all those options it didn't fix the problem. I have two paths on one layer - so splitting the paths onto two layers worked (eg.. 2 circles separated that I want to cut out of the image...)... but it shouldn't be doing this...

hawkeye

Guru
Posting a screenshot would be helpful to see exactly what you are doing. However your posteems to indicate that you are doing what you have always done and getting a different result, for some unknown reason. If that is the case, you may want to try deleting the preferences file, doing so has been known to cure odd behavior in PS.