What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newbie Q

ness

I browsed a few pages and didn't see the answer I was looking for. Basically I have two layers, I want to turn view of top layer off, make a selection on the second layer, but edit the selection as the top layer, if that makes any sense.

Going to just bump this, as I saw no reason to make a new thread. How do I add fonts to my CS5? I have the font downloaded, but I don't know where to put the file.

Why is that? Seems like it would make sense since the thread was only a couple hours old and the title wasn't very specific.

others may have use of already answered questions, and it is good thing to have the matching title. most of the people first browse for the answer than ask.

I see. Well I didn't know what to title it for my first question, or I would have. But I'll keep that in mind from now on, sorry.

Back to the question, I might have seen it even here on the forum it is not a good idea to put fonts for Photoshop into Win folders, since it slows down some Win applications, I think it is better to put it into Photoshop directory structures.

I found the directory, so in case you decide to use fonts for Photoshop put them into C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\fonts

I found the directory, so in case you decide to use fonts for Photoshop put them into C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\fonts
I actually don't have that file location, in either Program Files or Program Files (x86).

I have it in Program Files, but where I found it was written you should create it if you do not have the directory.

I have it in Program Files, but where I found it was written you should create it if you do not have the directory.
I don't have it in either of my Program File directories, but adding it to Program Files (x86) worked. Thank you.

When I add fonts, I open the font file, and there's an (administrator) INSTALL button. I just click it, and it installs automatically.

Back