What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newbie Question involving CS5

rabid_wombat

Hey, this is a really bad newbie question I know. But somehow my CS5 isn't allowing for continuous flow for brush/pencil when holding down the mouse button, nor using my drawing tablet. I've never had this happen before, how can I restore this setting? Thanks in advance for taking time help a new user.

Thanks for your reply. Trouble-shooting this, I've tried following the resetting the preferences, restoring defaults, and doing a full uninstall and install. The only thing that works is starting up the program with Alt+Ctrl+Shift held down, though I don't get a menu or anything. Even then though, if I swap tools or brush sizes too often, it bugs out again and starts the same behavior.

Hi , rabid_wombat.

Immediately after doubleclicking your PS icon, hold down all 3 keys and don't let go til the delete preference prompt menu appears.

Did you try.... Clear Brush Controls..... Reset All Locked settings .... and then RESET BRUSHES....????

Last edited:
Ok, tried holding it down longer, the options menu wasn't popping up for me, which led me to looking around at permissions. I adjusted the windows user account management settings, and found a configuration that allows it to work appropriately. Thanks for the advise, I don't think it would've occurred to me had you not mentioned that.

First, hold down all three Ctrl+Alt+Shift buttons
Now "while keeping those button held," simply open Photoshop or a file that opens with Photoshop
As Photoshop loads, you should get a prompt asking if you would like to "delete the Photoshop settings file", Click yes

Back