What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opaque custom brush tool

PegoMan

I'm having a problem making a brush preset tool. I want to have a push-pin tool that I can use as a brush for placing wherever I need it. I can make the tool, but it always goes into a photo in a transparent state. I would like to do it in an opaque mode so as to cover the background behind it. I can do this by drawing my pin, filling it and then copying. That works, but it won't function as a brush. It's probably something obvious, but I'm at a loss...

I hope the attachment will show what I mean.
Thanks, John
Lone Rock Church.jpg

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hey!

Always create your brushes in black and white. Any shade of grey will result in transparency.

Screen Shot 2017-09-22 at 10.03.40 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-09-22 at 10.05.35 PM.png

PegoMan

Thanks very much IamSam. I figured it was probablysomething simple that I didn't think of. I'll see what I can do now.

John

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sorry, I meant to add this last night and I became sidetracked.

I would just find a good pushpin reference image, remove it's background, and import it into what ever document I was needing to add a pushpin.
Convert it to a smart object so you can copy and resize as many times as you like.
Looks much better than a solid red brush stamp.

Screen Shot 2017-09-23 at 8.24.21 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-09-23 at 8.29.20 AM.png