What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Original version of PS

Mogsy

I have just gave myself a little PS history lesson and had a look on Youtube at the very first version of PS (1990 I think?) and wow, its amazing how it has developed and how far it has come ! (Although some tools seem fundamentally the same)

I was still running around in my teenage mutant turtles suit when the first one came out :rolleyes:, didn't realise it had been out for so long but I'm sure others on here used the very first one and have been using it ever since. did you think back then it would be this powerful?

iDad

Guru
The improvements can boogle the mind if you let it.
I can't imagine using it without Layers capabilities, but at first it was like that. There is a history thread of Photoshop on here somewhere.

Mogsy

Oh yeah, never even thought of that iDad - No layers, wow! Can't imagine that myself! Can imagine it boggling your mind, I tried not to think of it too much lol

Cheers will have a look at thread

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
Yup, 1990. I wasn't that involved with graphics yet . Music was my life back then. But I sidelined in sales for a company that produced packaging. Their design team was using PS1 for Mac. And the Manager had great expectations of the future of Photoshop. During early mornings I'd be playing around with it. And I remember that some of the menus are as it is today.

I'm looking for Photoshop 1.0 for collection purposes.

rasoN

1990 ?? It was only on mac os i guess . Maan i can't believe that they reached so high level :D

Mogsy

Thats the one I seen on Youtube - Primitive as you said - probably state of the art then though

I would like to have a go of PS1 just for the hell of it !

iDad

Guru
If I had a Mac, I'd give it a go for nostalgia.... lol....
if is for children .....Macs are for real men....... lizards don't count .......:rofl:

iDad

Guru
See you wouldn't know a mac if you saw one.. thats a mailbox SILLY .......:rofl:

hawkeye

Guru
Anyone looking for a good book on Photoshop? Up for sale, no reasonable offer will be refused.

iDad

Guru
lol WHAT?????? I'LL WASH THEM FIRST!

rahmanpaidar

Just Remember Win3.1 in 1993 and compare it to Windows 7 in 2008.
The story is true for most successful programs like windows and photoshop