What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pen and Ink Drawings

Nana

Happy New Year to all!
I'll be returning to my volunteer position at our local botanical gardens and am in need of some coaching once again. One of the problems I keep encountering is in trying to even out the tones when I'm scanning and working on the old black and white sketches. I am attaching a scan of just one page that is a really good indicator of what I need to do. As you can see, some of the drawings are very light while others are very dark but all are on just one page together. One of the things I do is to lasso each individual section from the original's scan and move them onto a new page that is set to the publisher's sizing requirements. I have tried a number of things to try and lighten or darken the parts that need to have their coloring re-done but I'm still not able to get it exactly the way we want it to be. If there is a way to equalize the coloring of everything on the page, could you please direct me as to how I can do this? Thank you for any help you can give me.

Nana

View attachment IMG_20150102_0001.pdf

Back