What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photo cropping issue

1CC

Good morning,

I have successfully been cropping photos for years until this morning! I have no idea what I did, but now, instead of the 90° angles, my corners are rounded. There is the white "moving line" around the perimeter. If I click "crop," Photoshop doesn't crop where the lines are. It does crop inward, but only about half the distance toward the crop line.

What did I do and how do I fix it, please? I hope someone can help me. Thanks so much!

Chris

just reset the tool you should be good

Thanks, iDad, but that didn't fix it. It's still not cropping to the lines and still has the rounded corners. I wish I knew what I did. Ugh!

Thanks for your help. I'll appreciate any more ideas that may fix what I've unknowingly done.

Chris

Are you using the rounded rectangle tool, in shapes? on your cropping?

can you post an image of the tool settings?

It sounds like you are using the rectangular marque tool set to feather and not the crop tool, which is why you are seeing the marching ants and rounder corners.

Hi iDad,

I don't know how to find the tool settings. *sigh* It's not listed at the top. Here is a screenshot. Maybe that'll help. Click to make larger. If you need it enlarged more, let me know and I'll send a larger one.

th_Picture1.png

Thanks,
Chris

Thank you again! At what number should it be set? I so appreciate your help. I wish I knew how I changed the number in that little box! I've never used the feather option before, LOL.

Chris

highlight or select that box use your up or down arrows or just key in 0

Thank you! All is well now! I wish I knew how I changed that feather number from 0 to 50! Guess I was not attentive or something. I knew it had to be something obvious as my knowledge of Photoshop is minimal (enough to do what I need to do).

Thank you again!

Chris

If you are cropping photos simply use the cropping tool that iDad highlighted in the photo above. Its much simpler.

Back