What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photoshop Challenge Week #11

Sierraccr

Power User
Photoshop Challenge Week #11

Last week's challenge was truly that - challenging. I know I learned a lot and I think everyone honed their haircutting skills. Many thanks to Stric9!!!

Paul has given me the privilege of asking that I do this week's challenge.

One of the key elements of design with Photoshop is combining images together, sometimes in unexpected ways. This week's challenge is to create a composite involving unexpected elements from nature and human figures.

You can use water, fire, smoke, plants, rocks, dirt - or something I haven't thought of yet - and combine with an image of a person.

Skills used in this will be layering, masking, blending, color correction, cutting, and adjustment layers.

Most of the skills you will need are illustrated nicely in these tutorials:

Photohop Tutorial Link: Create an Imaginative Tree Man

Making of the Imaginary Paint Dancers | 10Steps.SG

Or the slightly more challenging....

Create amazing water-drenched photomontages - Classic Photoshop Tutorial - Digital Arts

I'll start.

I started with this stock photo (with a nod to depositphotos.com)

depositphotos_3133929-Sexy-woman-jumping.jpg

I chose water as my natural element and came up with this:
WaterGirl2 copy.jpg

View attachment 8533

So many creative people here and I am really interested to see what you come up with!!!

Last edited:
Hmmm...I think I must somehow incorporate some pictures from out here?! I have some good ones....watch this space! Good topic!

I have that scene too, it's awesome for photoshop creations, nice one mate.

5 pictures in this one...starting to enjoy this! Sorry, I will stop posting EACH one I create haha!
5PicsIn1.jpg

gonna come up with some thing but i dont have any thing creative right now:[

First effort, more to come..just practicing for now :D
]

That is great! Love your imagination and the color palette is lovely. I agree with Alixman about some shadow especially if not only around and below frog. The amount of glow is a bit too much I think. I am not so hot on your second one. The selection on the cougar is very rough around the edges, he has no shadow of his own so he's floating, the composition is a bit strange (this is a strictly personal opinion), and I am not sure how the mountain lion even fits into the "story." Nevertheless, it has decent enough bones; just need to flesh it out, as they say!
:devilish:

gonna come up with some thing but i dont have any thing creative right now:[

I know how that goes. Comes and goes! :mrgreen:

:idea: :eek: :idea: :banghead: :idea:

Last edited:
View attachment 8635
nuther go, losing the will to live, slowly but surely...

excuse me ?? .... will to live? whose, yours or the guy in the picture? Don't you dare say this is serious lady. Just being facetious and angsty ???

Well, anyway, back I hope to reality. I like the image. My only critique is I think the color levels are too light. What do you think? Hugzzzz, Clare

i suppose you could say both, a walking talking tree isnt going to have the most amazing life, are they?
not having the best of evenings as all i think I'm just tired don't take it too seriously.

like you said, away from that, i deliberately made the color levels too bright, but I'll have another crack at it and see how it looks.

Back