What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photoshop CS Pen Tool help

gutierrez3711

I've tried asking a few others and haven't gotten much help.. so I've decided to ask you guys.

So I've been working with the pen tool in Adobe PS to create some line work... except for now when I right click on my newly created paths and select "stroke path" it only stokes the ancor points and not the whole path.
I.E. it strokes the little boxes.. so I get dots around my pictures instead of a smooth line.
I'm sure it's some setting.. but I can't figure out what it is..Can anybody tell??

reset the pen tool settings I had it once and I must have done something cant remember if I had to reset the preference file or if you just need to reset the tool close photoshop and then press shift + cntrl +alt and then click the photoshop icon to load it up from start menu. it will ask you if you are sure you want to delete the preference file click yes should fix it

check your brush settings to make sure you don't have something like fade enabled.

Try selecting the path in the path panel instead, then right click>stroke path.

So I've been working with the pen tool in Adobe PS to create some line work... except for now when I right click on my newly created paths and select "stroke path" it only stokes the ancor points and not the whole path.

Back