What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photoshop CS4 (MAC)- Crop & Straighten Photos Bug

pcgeek12345

Hey guys,

I have a freshly installed copy of Photoshop CS4 (part of the Master Collection) on my new Macbook Pro. I am trying to straighten a crooked photo, so I went to File<Automate<Crop & Straighten photos. When I did this, it created about 90 duplicates and cropped tiny parts of that image. This does not happen with the same photo on my other PC running Windows 7.

I should also add that when I click on Crop and straighten photos, the window flashes and resizes because its cropping all the files.

Screen Shot 2011-12-17 at 6.21.44 PM.png

I am running Mac OS X 10.7.2, with all the latest updates for CS4.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

I have attached a screenshot as well.

How about uploading the original psd as not sure what has happened here

Ok, i think I figured it out.

It didn't recognize the pixel boundaries of the image, so I had to use the Ruler tool and Arbritary rotation, then Crop & Straighten. worked like a charm.

Thanks for your help.

I just used the ruler tool draw a line along the shore line and at the top on the menu bar you should see a straighten button press that took 5 second.
I am actually playing with your image now seeing how I could enhance it.

Well this is what I got from the image you supplied not the 1 in your screen shot
DSC04855straight.png

Subtle but quite a lot of work went into it maybe slightly to much sharpening.

are you using automator? if you are tell it not to save, but replace.

Back