What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photoshop isnt working as it should and not sure what to do.

Hi there,
I'm a web designer and I recently got photoshop so that I could enhance and re-create images of my own instead of using other ones on google images. I was trying to change the color of some icons for my resume website. I managed to change one then whenever I did it with the other icons it just went grey instead of going blue. I also cant add layers. Not too sure whats going on and would appreciate it if someone could help me solve it.

I am changing the color by using the magic wand to select it, going to edit, going to fill and then selecting my color through there. I have the settings on 100% Opacity and threshold.

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Can you post a screenshot of the picture with the layers panel included?

BTW, using the magic wand tool for selections in icons (very small and pixelated) isn't the best way.

Trying to get them like this:
Screen Shot 2017-09-23 at 22.28.58.png
But the rest of them are coming out like this:
Screen Shot 2017-09-23 at 22.29.20.png
To do it I do magic wand and then do edit -> fill and this is what it comes out as:
Screen Shot 2017-09-23 at 22.29.35.png
This is the color settings:
Screen Shot 2017-09-23 at 22.29.41.png

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello and welcome to PSG.

This is more than likely not a problem with Photoshop.

I see you have your color fill blending mode set to "threshold"............change this to "normal".

Hello and welcome to PSG.

This is more than likely not a problem with Photoshop.

I see you have your color fill blending mode set to "threshold"............change this to "normal".

It doesnt have the option for normal. I only have threshold and dissolve